OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Deadline was: 16 January 2013. Selected applicants will be contacted via email. To all CSOs, live updates will be posted on this website and our twitter pages this week and next in Monrovia at the Third HLP Meeting. Don't miss out!
CSO Outreach: Third High Level Panel (HLP) meeting on the Post 2015 Development Agenda
Monrovia, Liberia - 28 and 30 January 2013
The third meeting of the High Level Panel will take place between 30 January and 2nd February 2013 under the theme of: 'National Building Blocks for Sustained Prosperity', with a particular focus on economic transformation. The first day of the HLP meeting will be an outreach and consultation day, where the Panel of Eminent Persons will take stock of key constituencies' emerging positions and new evidence, including global CSOs. Consultations with CSOs will be jointly organized by the Africa-wide CSO Working Group on post-2015 and the Liberian CSO post-2015 Working Group and CSOs from other regions, including Latin America, Asia, North America and Europe to ensure diverse participation in the CSO outreach events.
The CSO outreach day will be a two and a half hour interface between forty CSO representatives and members of the HLP, held on the 30th January 2013. This meeting will be preceded by a CSO Pre-Consultative Forum on the 28th January 2013, where sixty CSO participants will have an opportunity to meet among themselves in order to prepare for the engagement with HLP members and agree on strategic consensus positions. CSOs will also use this platform to review outcomes of various CSO engagements that have taken place.
The objectives of the HLP outreach consultations with CSOs will be to:
• Share evidence from grassroots and CSO consultations with members of the HLP.
• Frame, articulate and deliberate on a clear vision for the future that is informed by the needs and aspirations of ordinary people world-wide.
• Articulate and agree on key pillars of economic transformation, highlighting national building blocks for sustained wealth for all.
• Create a specific platform for excluded and marginalized groups to voice their perspectives, especially youth and children; the disabled and aged; women; and small businesses, traders, and trade unions.
• Engage with African CSOs, with a particular view to deliberate on an emerging African Narrative that will inform the African Consensus position.
It is expected that this engagement will:
1. Reach agreement on a ‘CSO Monrovia Social Compact', which will articulate an inclusive grassroots-focused vision for the future, putting emphasis on key pillars for sustained inclusive economic transformation.
2. Reach agreement on an African CSO Narrative, which will inform the HLP deliberations on the African consensus with AUC.
Criteria for the selection of participants
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
• Have knowledge, interest and expertise in development and the post-MDG/2015 agenda; or experience of poverty, marginalization and vulnerability. Participants will be asked to share their expertise and experience.
• Knowledge, focus and expertise on the thematic area(s).
• Ability to represent and be accountable to the opinions and perspectives of a wider constituency, particularly the marginalized grassroots.
• Be willing and able to feedback to partners and constituencies at regional and/or national level.
• Be willing and able to take on commitments and keep wider CSO groups updated and engaged.
In selecting participants, special attention will be given to equal and broad representation from key stakeholder groups, including:
• African CSOs, southern CSOs, global CSOs;
• Special interest groups on issues of economic transformation such as traders, informal sector representatives, farmers associations, and trade unions;
• Marginalized groups such as women's networks, youth groups, children networks, groups for the disabled and aged;
• Gender balance;
• Regional balance as much as possible;
• Representation from a range of ages;
• A balance between large and small organisations;
• An understanding of poverty as it exists in different country contexts, including low-middle- and high-income countries;
• Be formed of different elements of civil society;
• Thematic diversity.
A total of 60 participants are expected during the CSO pre-consultative forum on Day 1; whereas 40 of these participants will then meet with the HLP on 30th January during the Outreach day.
Given the limited budget for sponsorship, we encourage organizations/networks to fully or partially sponsor their members. The budget for the consultation covers sponsorship for the participation of 40 CSOs, each representing a relevant constituency. The composition of the sponsored participants will be 10 from Liberia, 10 from other African CSO networks, and 20 from global CSOs including representatives from Southern CSOs.
The Africa-wide CSO Working Group will lead in organizing logistics, working with YOCCADS and Beyond 2015 in Liberia; with support from the UNDP and the Monrovia Presidential Secretariat.
The Africa-wide CSO Working Group on Post-2015 is committed to an open selection process that will ensure fair and objective decisions on participants. The Selection Committee will ensure that participants have the relevant expertise, and that the selection process is inclusive. Priority will be given to representatives of networks from the various vulnerable groups, as well as organizations that specialize in the chosen themes for the meeting. The selection allocation will be as described in the table below:
Category Number of participants allocated
The 4 roundtables will have 7 participants
each with expertise in each theme/sector 28
Africa CSO networks not included in the round tables 10
Liberian CSOs, including those in the roundtables 10
Global/Southern CSO networks not included
in roundtables 10
Other excluded groups 2
This allocation will result in the selection of 10 participants from Liberia, 10 from other African CSO networks, and 20 from global/Southern CSOs.
Applications are now open to national, regional, and global CSO's in Africa, Latin America, Asia, the Arab region, Europe and North America who want to participate in the upcoming CSO Outreach during the Third UN High Level Panel Meeting on the Post-2015 Development Agenda to be held in Monrovia, Liberia.
Interested organizations/networks/social movements should fill in the attached application form, and submit it to email@example.com by Wednesday, 16 January 2013, 16h00 GMT.
A final list of participants will be announced by Friday, 18th January. Flights and other bookings will be processed by Tuesday, 22nd January 2013.